CentAUR - How to Deposit an Output
Adding a new item manually
- Go to Manage Deposits and select New Item. This opens a blank record in your User Workarea.
- There are 7 screens to complete, although the Upload and the Comments screens are not mandatory.
- You can stop and resume work on a new item at any stage, by clicking 'Save and Return'. Items that are in progress appear in the User Workarea of your Manage Deposits screen, highlighted yellow. Click on the pencil icon to resume work
- Agreement to the deposit licence (Deposit screen) completes the deposit process and sends the item to the editorial buffer. Here repository staff will check and complete the metadata, and check the copyright agreement of any full text attached (provided that the agreement is publicly available on the publisher's web site) and make the item 'live' (publicly visible).
- If you have not completed all the mandatory fields you will receive a warning with links to the incomplete fields. Please complete them and click 'Deposit'.
- You will now be able to see the item in Under Review in Manage Deposits, highlighted purple.
- When an editor has made the item 'live' you will be able to see it in Live Archive in Manage Deposits, highlighted green.
Adding a new item by importing the reference details
Import Item is for importing via e.g. DOI, PubMedID or EndNote.
- Go to Manage Deposits, select Import and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once the bibliographic reference has been imported you will need to open up the record to complete it. Follow the steps from point 2. above.
Uploading full text
- In the Upload screen (the second of the deposit screens), 'Browse' for the full text file and click 'Upload'.
- Although CentAUR can accommodate a variety of formats, it does not knit files together to convert them into a readable document. You must upload it in a human readable format e.g. Word or PDF.
To add a full text retrospectively to a 'live' record, please email it email@example.com
You can make changes to an item that you have deposited if it is still Under Review; in your Manage Deposits page, click on the spyglass icon next to the item to open and edit it. To request changes to an item in the Live Archive, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: 16th May 2012